"Healing is a matter of time, but it is sometimes also a matter of opportunity." Hippocrates
As human beings we all experience challenges in life. Often we will manage these challenges on our own or with the support of family and friends. Sometimes we may find that even with this support we cannot find a solution to the difficulty we are experiencing. At times such as these, therapy can help us to come to the resolution we are seeking, enabling us to live our lives more fully, more deeply and reach an inner peace with ourselves.
My Experience as a Counsellor/Psychotherapist
I have been a practicing counsellor/psychotherapist for 15 years. I spent 8 years in the NHS working in a Primary Care Team, with individuals and couples and facilitating groups for people suffering with depression and anxiety. I have had a successful private practice for over 10 years in which I see clients who have been referred from a variety of sources including Employee Assistance Providers, GP’s and self-referral. I have been supervising in private practice and in the voluntary sector for 9 years.
My Qualifications and Accreditations
- Bachelor of Science Degree, University of Glasgow, subjects studied mathematics, physics and psychology (1973).
- Post-graduate Diploma in Teaching (1974)
- Diploma in Counselling (1998)
- Accredited Counsellor/Psychotherapist - BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy) (2005).
- Transactional Analysis Practitioner with Psychotherapy Specialty – UKATA – United Kingdom Association for Transactional Analysis (2011).
- Certificate in Supervision - COSCA (Confederation of Scottish Counselling Agencies) (2008)
- Certified Transactional Analyst - EATA (European Association for Transactional Analysis) (2014)
- UKCP Registered Psychotherapist (2014)
- Provisional Teaching and Supervising Transactional Analyst - EATA (2016)
I offer the following:
- Short-term counselling
- Long-term psychotherapy
- Couple Therapy
- Supervision for Counsellors / Psychotherapists.